Thanks to the support provided by “Forum of former International Professionals of Multilateral Organizations in Nepal” (https://fipmo-nepal.org/), we were able to support the Residents at Bihani Social Venture‘s social impact partners- Matatirtha Oldage Home and Himalaya Oldage Home along with, elderly inmates who are in the prisons supported by Prisoner’s Assistance Nepal.
Our heartfelt thanks to Bihani Saathi Ko Saathi & Resource Pool Member Chanchal Thapa for sponsoring a meal for the Residents at Bihani Social Venture’s social impact partner Matatirtha Oldage Home today. We would also like to thank Sarya, Samarth & Jaegoo from Lincoln School, Nepal because of whose support we were able to fund the vegetables needed for the Residents.
Our heartfelt thanks to Tsering W. Ringu and Jay for providing much needed items to Bihani’s Social Impact Partners Matatirtha Oldage Home and Prisoner’s Assistance Nepal to commemorate their Wedding Anniversary. We were able to deliver – Masks, Milk Powder, Biscuits, Vegetables,and Chicken for the Residents of Matatirtha Oldage Home while, Sanistisers, Biscuits, Disposable Gloves and Masks will be handed over to the elderly inmates in Dhulikhel Prison by Prisoner’s Assistance Nepal.
Our heartfelt thanks to Chhewang Sherpa and the team from Everest Awakening supported by Pemba Sherpa and Manish Maharjan for looking out and for your compassion to support those in need. Charu Chadha thanks for connecting us and always being there for us and Ram Thapa Sir along with team of Matatirtha Old Age Home for the coordination.
Our heartfelt gratitude to our dearest Bihani Saathi Ko Saathi & Resource Pool Member Hasana Shakya for supporting us with the essentials required by Navakiran Children Home run by an elderly – Sabitri Pokharel Aama. We would also like to thank Sangeeta Shrestha for connecting us.
Our heartfelt thanks to Samridhi Rana for providing Bihani’s social impact partner Matatirtha Oldage Home with much needed vegetables from KHETI for her birthday. Special thanks to our Bihani Saathi Ko Saathi & Resource Pool member Dr. Swaraj Rajbhandari for providing Gloves and Thermal Gun despite the lockdown.
DIGITAL INCLUSION & EMPOWERMENT: MULTI-GENERATIONAL ENGAGEMENT & SOCIAL INTERACTION
Online sessions conducted in partnership with Experts, Medical Professionals and Organisations:
- Yoga for Elder Series
- Looking After Your H𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 & L𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐬
- Understanding Dementia & Alzheimer’s: Caregiving & Support
- Dealing with Trauma with focus on the Pandemic: Knowing your Coping Mechanism Through BASIC-Ph
- Menstrual Cycle: Understanding Menstrual problems and taking care of self or others Online Tai chi session for elders
- Spiritual Care & Healing focussing on self care especially during the lockdown
- Chit Chat with Psychologist focussing on issues related with the lockdown and pandemic
- Tai Chi for Elders Series
- Unlearn, Learn & Re-learn session on connecting with self, community and the environment
- Issues faced by Elders with specific reference to FAQs related to COVID-19
- Technical Support provided to elders with using Zoom, Skype and other Apps
- #LockdownMemories #BihaniMembersInspire – Social Media campaign for Members, Elders, Families and Experts to share their stories or experiences and suggestions to live meaningfully during the lockdown by remaining positive
- Bridging Local Farmers & Consumers with KHETI
- Sessions to continue as per the interest and need of the Members/ elders and their families.
Social Distancing does not mean Social Isolation
- Regular contact with Bihani Members and Social Impact partners via Phone and social media networks to provide a support system and to tackle the feeling of isolation/ loneliness
- Use of Bihani Members Groups on Viber and Facebook to keep in touch through regular updates and messages creating a support system
You can click here for information related to COVID-19