HOW BIHANI INTENDS TO SERVE/ SUPPORT/ CHANGE?
Bihani provides the services listed below focusing broadly on Social Activities, Health & Well-being, Organisational Services, Resource Centre and Membership, which will capitalize the potential of the service-seekers who take it and provide a platform to Re Engage, Re – Explore and Re – Live.
Our approach is holistic and completely different because we focus on utilizing the strengths of our elders along with fulfilling their needs by providing the services/ benefits listed below:
- Social Activities which will get like-minded or maybe not so like-minded people together through interactions, book-reading, movie screening, musical events, inter-generational learning, internet classes or sessions at home or in the office as per the need or interests of the members/attendees. Read about our members’s experience and why internet classes are obligatory. A Mother’s Experience : How Internet has brought her children closer to her despite the distance – Mrs. Chanchala Thapa, Aged: 62 years
- Health & Well-being include services and events related to health such as monitoring blood pressure, physiotherapy, psycho-social support(PSS), reproductive health, yoga, Zumba, benefits of massage, Tai Chi/ Qi-gong classes at home or in the office or classes/ sessions as per the need or interests of the members/ attendees or services as per need.
- Organisational Services include income generation, networking and volunteering activities. Promotion of local producers to generate income by creating markets for them, individual support system for local entrepreneurs to develop their ventures, creation of a platform for networking, innovation and renovation of local products, promotion and marketing for entrepreneurs/ producers or providing volunteering opportunities.
- Resource Centre – “The Recreational Hub”, is a space where elders can visit or call their own where they can relax, read a book, interact, surf the net, watch a movie or even showcase their skills and talents like starting a cooking or music class and so on.
- Membership Subscriptions allow the Members to benefit by getting discounts at Bihani events/ services or at a wide range of businesses. Make a Wish project or even making their birthdays and festivals special. Members have access to the support system and network of Bihani.
- Initiatives such as: Elders as Change Agents, Youth Elders Speak, Learning from Mistakes provides a platform for inter-generational learning and sharing or knowledge transfer
- Saathi ka Saathi – A friend for a friend – community visitor scheme with the sole objective of being there for our members as per their need and requirement along with making sure of their physical, mental and overall wellbeing
- Resource Pool of Elders – Focussing on the skills and knowledge of our members and creating their profiles as experts. Their expertise is accessible to individuals and organisations of all levels and areas
- ‘Wrinkles and Smiles Project’ through which we have been supporting three old age homes with different recreational, Tai Chi and Psycho Social Support (PSS) activities for the resident members during our weekly visits
- Sessions/ Classes for Elders: Home Based or at Bihani Premises. Bihani provides sessions/ classes of your need or interests for elders such as:
- STAY CONNECTED: INTERNET/ TECHNOLOGY CLASSES
- TAI CHI AT HOME CLASSES
- QIGONG AT HOME CLASSES
- DANCE CLASSES (ALL FORMS)
- DESIGNING/ ART CLASSES
- BOOK READING
- PSYCHO SOCIAL SUPPORT/ COUNSELLING
- AS PER NEED/ REQUIREMENT
(The rates/special packages and discounts available for the services will be shared on request.)
Services on Demand: New services will be introduced periodically according to the needs and demands of our members.
To sign up or inquire, E-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org/ Call us: 9813228579